Travelling via airplane is a great experience and this is due to the care that is taken by the airplane staff. They ensure that your flight is comfortable and that you have access to good food so that you will enjoy your flight. In order for airlines to give you a good customer service experience they should have the necessary catering equipment to do so.
Here is a list of catering equipment that can give airlines the upper hand.
- Transport Cart. The cart is very handy for transporting food, drinks and crockery to each passenger. It has a number of shelves as well as a waste bin attached to gather all used wrappers or waste. The air hostess can easily push and move the cart along the aisle while having access to all the items on the cart.
- Plastic Cutlery. On airlines only plastic knives, forks and spoons are permitted so you need to ensure that you have a sufficient amount available for all the passengers. Plastic cutlery can be disposed of after the flight by means of recycling.
- Cutlery Tray. Although plastic cutlery is being used, you would still require a cutlery tray to pack it in to. The cutlery tray separates the plastic utensils neatly which makes it easy to find when serving each passenger. The last thing an air hostess wants to do is to battle with finding a teaspoon for a passenger who has ordered tea or coffee.
- Polycarbonate Dinnerware. This is durable dinnerware that can be used repeatedly and are virtually unbreakable. It is a safer version of the standard ceramic dinnerware because it is made of polycarbonate and if it falls on the floor, it won’t break. They have a gloss finish which is appealing and ideal for airlines who want to maintain their elite status.
- Plastic Glasses. It is ideal to use plastic glasses on an airplane because it can be used as required and disposed of or recycled after the flight. Plus, if it falls it won’t break either. This is important since the airplane is moving and turbulence can cause the glasses to topple over.
Airlines do require the correct catering equipment for their service in order to make the experience a pleasant one for the passengers. It is important to consider whether the selected catering equipment will give the passengers a good impression of the airline. Many passengers remember the dinner or lunch service and this could affect the way they feel about a particular airline.[ad_2]
Source by Stana Peete