Do you know your strengths and your weaknesses? Have you ever taken trouble to know who you are and what you have before you begin any business? If you are already in business, how are you progressing? Don’t you think it’s high time you carried out a self-evaluation to know your strengths and weaknesses better?
The success of your business will depend largely upon your strengths and behaviors. I have noticed that most people find it easy to know about others and do not take the trouble to find out who they are in terms of their behaviors. They instead feel more comfortable talking about their achievements and the behaviors of others. But to be successful in your business, you need to know very well who you are in terms of your behaviors, your strengths and your weaknesses.
In this article, I would like to share with you on how you can develop your self-awareness to discover your strengths and weaknesses. But before I can go any further, let me define your STRENGTH as a quality or ability you may be having that gives you an advantage in any given business. On the other hand, your WEAKNESS is a deficiency or failing in your character.
Ability to identify your strengths and weaknesses helps you to determine the kind of people you will work with to compliment your behaviors, especially in the area of your weaknesses. Let me illustrate this point further with the example of someone who becomes angry easily and wants to start a restaurant. If you are such a person, you could consider working with people who are sweet-tempered.
In another example, if creativity is your strength, it would be better for you to start businesses where you can apply your own creativity. Take advantage of your strengths to grow your business. Where you have weaknesses, seek support in form of learning, being coached or employing others to compliment your strengths.
Additionally, knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses determines the kind of training or coaching you need to grow your business. For instance, if you are involved in affiliate marketing, where you have to use article marketing as a method of promoting your business, but you find yourself unable to write good articles, you can consider acquiring this skill by learning.
Being familiar with your strengths and weaknesses is very important for you to start or conduct any business. Equally important is knowledge about your behaviors because they play a big role in running your business. They determine the destination of your business: success or failure. There is a saying that “A good person with a second class idea is better than a good idea with a second class person”. Change your behavior positively for the success of your business.
How can you know your strengths and weaknesses?
The best way of doing it is to carry out a self-assessment, using the following guiding questions:
1. What natural abilities do you have? What are you talented in? For instance, are you naturally creative, sociable, resourceful, persevering, persistent, honest, determined, self-driven, hard working and humorous? What else are you?
2. Which things do you do better than most people? What are you skilled in? This helps you to discover where you can have an advantage over other competitors in your business industry.
3. How have you grown in the last year? Think about things that have helped you to reach your current level of growth. Knowing them is important for you to strengthen further your achievements.
4. What most difficult things have you accomplished? What helped you to accomplish them? Think about carrying forward those qualities that helped you to arrive at your achievements.
5. What are you proudest of? As you do your business, what do you feel proud of yourself and proud of your business? And what do you feel least proud of? Use the information to build your brand identity and expertise.
6. On what do you receive compliments about? Knowledge about the kind of compliments you receive helps you to determine what to do to target the motivations that compel other people to do business with you.
7. What upsets the people you work with? This helps you to know the kind of support and training you need to succeed in your business.
8. What criticism do your closest friends give you? Getting to know from your closest friend helps you many times to receive genuine criticism that enables you to find solutions to the weakness.
9. What criticism would your boss give you? By boss I mean mainly your customers. What kind of criticism would you get from them?
10. What areas of your behavior do you have to improve in? What skills and knowledge would you acquire? The success of your business will depend largely on your behavior. Besides, many business ideas are generated from the skills and knowledge one has.
Lastly, if your weaknesses exceed your strengths in any kind of business you want to start or you are conducting, then that’s not a business for you. My advice is that you take advantage of your valuable characteristics when conducting a business. But also consider looking at your weaknesses as opportunities and find solutions to them. Your ability to do this will contribute a lot to the success of your business.[ad_2]
Source by Charles Kiyimba